This is your opportunity to be a part of a 1-year internship at one of the nation’s leading churches. Sun Valley Community Church was established in 1990 by 2 couples who came over to Arizona from California to, “start a church for people who don’t go to church.” Today Sun Valley has grown to become a church of over 10,000 people that meets in 6 physical locations and online. An industry leader in “online church,” Sun Valley hosts services in virtual reality, online streaming, and provides on demand content through an app and other digital platforms. All of this to help new people in new places meet, know, and follow Jesus.
PERSONAL AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
1. The opportunity to attend a ½ day New Staff Orientation with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor of SV to learn about Sun Valley’s story, mission, vision, strategy, structure, philosophy of ministry and staff culture
2. Participate in 8 cohort gatherings with other SV interns and SV Sr Staff to discuss and learn about our Leadership Culture
3. Access to Sun Valley all-staff gatherings, leadership trainings and outings throughout your internship
4. Access to weekly SVU (Sun Valley University) gatherings. Biblical and ethical training that SV provides to their staff as well as practical ministry workshops on items such as weddings, funerals, mission trips, preaching, care and crisis etc.
5. All access to a Staff Mentor at your campus assignment
1. Focus on a primary ministry assignment
2. Exposure to a wide scope of ministry including Kids, Students, Guest Services, Small Groups, Creative Arts and Pastoral Care
3. Practical experience teaching in both a large group setting and facilitating a small group
4. Exposure to leading a volunteer-led ministry including recruiting, planning, communication, and training
Potential interns must align with Sun Valley’s Statement of Belief which can be found at sunvalleycc.com/beliefs
There are 3 “trimesters” in which SV internships occur (fall, spring, and summer). To gain the necessary development and ministry training of an effective internship, interns are reasonably expected to participate in ministry during normal weekend worship times and available hours throughout the week. Specific times will be worked out with the assigned Campus Staff Mentor.
SV will help offset expenses incurred by interns through a $500 stipend each semester as well as a $500 scholarship to their educational institution each semester.