The Next Steps Pastor works on the Central Services Team to help Campus Staff successfully lead our Next Steps Ministries at Sun Valley. They directly provide leadership to Sun Valley’s Next Step strategies and content, as well as professional development of Campus Next Step Staff.
1. Provide leadership and coaching for staff and contractors in the areas of relationship (groups) and responsibility (serving your Campus, Community, and World)
2. Groups Includes: Assimilation, Yes to Jesus, baptism, on campus groups, in home groups, online groups, courses, care and recovery, devotionals, and giving.
3. Serving Includes: Supporting and training our volunteer development pipeline (recruit, train, retain) as well as overseeing short-term mission teams.
4. Write, edit, and revise Sun Valley playbooks, guides, and curriculum for all campuses through utilizing a writing team when possible.
5. Collect, analyze, and utilize data to inform SV’s Next Steps strategy.
6. Responsible for maintaining a clear Next Steps Pathway and Annual Next Steps Calendar of ministry.
7. Encourage and lead staff through training, prayer, spiritual direction, and the development of a fun, engaging, creative, and relational team environment.
8. Develop and manage budgets.
9. Reproduce and advance the SVCC culture, best practices, systems, and ministry environments.
Received education and training that has equipped them for vocational ministry in a large ministry context.
Demonstrated a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
Strategic in nature. An innovative thinker with the ability to drive projects and strategies through to completion.
Self-motivated, requiring little supervision.
Strong coaching skills with a track record of developing, advancing and deploying others.
Effective team-building skills and ability to motivate others.
Effective customer service, relational, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Agrees and aligns with the vision, values, and doctrine statement of SVCC.
Minimum of three years full-time related experience in a multi-site church setting of over 2,000 attenders.